Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day two- July 26th, 2011

Point to Ponder- I am not an accident
Verse- "I am your Creator. You were in my care even before you were born" Isaiah 44:2 (cev)
Questions: Knowing that God uniquely created me, what areas of my personality, background, and physical appearance am I struggling to accept?

If I look at things from the point of view that I am who I am because God wanted me this way, then I have a problem with that. I don't think God wanted me to be an angry, emotionally abusive person.. but then again, being that has brought me to where I am now.  So let me think about this.

My personality, I think God always wanted me to be a loving and kind person but because of things that happened to me, I became angry and sullen and just not a nice person.  I have trouble believing that God wanted me to hurt the people around me for any reason, so I feel that things that occurred when I was a child, the molestation, feeling emotionally abandoned by my mom, I think those things shaped my personality. I think that God wanted me to be who I am now and so he took that broken and destroyed woman and healed her.  I think that God wanted me as I am now... so in love with Him and His word, so ready to do what  ever He desires of me.
So that answers the personality and the background part of the question, as for my appearance, again, God made me beautiful, but I destroyed his work by eating like a pig and not taking care of myself.  Now I just want to treat my body like the temple that God intended it to be.  Everything I do now is for His Glory and to prove to him that I am worthy of the awesome blessings he has bestowed upon me.

Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment